Piazza del Mercato, 2/2, 33030 Buja, Italia
+39 0432 961693
[email protected]



Friuli Venezia Giulia, a rich territory to explore and rediscover

Our territory satisfies the needs of both mountain and sea lovers, also including places of historical and naturalistic interest.


Udine is the "historic center" of the entire Friuli region, as it is located in the heart of its territory, between the Tagliamento and Isonzo rivers, in a large flat area.
Ancient seat of the patriarchs of Aquileia from 1238 to 1420 before passing under Venetian rule, Udine is grouped around a hill, circumscribed by the picturesque Sottomonte alley, on the top of which stands the Castle.
The church of S. Maria delle Grazie overlooks the square, rebuilt in eighteenth-century forms by Giorgio Massari and reworked in the nineteenth century with the addition of a neoclassical pronaos.
Via Manin you then reach Piazza della Libertà, the heart of the ancient city, overlooked by the Palazzo Comunale or Loggia del Lionello, named after the artist who designed it.
It is an elegant Gothic-Venetian building with a large loggia on the ground floor and the upper one embellished with mullioned windows and multi-light windows.
On the opposite side, in an elevated position with respect to the square, the Portico of S. Giovanni, from the Renaissance period, is surmounted by the Clock Tower.
Recently restored and returned to museum activity after the damage of the 1976 earthquake, the Castle was built in 1511 on pre-existing fortifications.

Gemona del Friuli

In Gemona nature, art and traditions are at home. Until 1976, Gemona was one of the liveliest centers in Friuli; the earthquake damaged it enormously, but a careful and tenacious reconstruction has been able to revive in an extraordinary way the charm of the village that flourished between the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries.
Of very ancient origin, Gemona becomes important when the patriarch of Aquileia grants statutes to the community. In that period the Castle was enlarged, now reduced to tower stumps, and the splendid Town Hall of 1502 was built.
The building is vertically divided into two parts and the right has evident Renaissance characters.
Nearby, Palazzo Pontotti, dating back to the sixteenth century, which has a mullioned window and a mullioned window open on a balcony in the center, as well as the eighteenth-century Palazzo Simonetti.
The Romanesque-Gothic Cathedral is one of the most beautiful Friulian churches. The façade is decorated with a beautiful portal, a loggia and rose window and a large statue of San Cristoforo; the right aisle, which collapsed, was rebuilt.
The interior is Gothic, with three naves, of which the median, very high and slightly wider than the side, gives solemnity and momentum to the building.

Cividale del Friuli

The center of Cividale del Friuli consists of the large square where the Cathedral stands, on the site of the ancient Roman forum (Forum Iulii, name from which that of the Friuli region derives), rebuilt in its present form by Pietro Lombardo starting from 1457 .
With a very simple facade, it has an interior with three naves. At the altars there are paintings by Palma il Giovanni, Pomponio Amalteo, Caspare Diziani and Pordenone.
The Treasury is now a Museum and contains some pieces of extraordinary importance, such as the Ara of Ratchis and the Baptistery of Callisto from the 8th century, the Marble Chair from the 10th century, as well as marbles from other churches, cibori, plutei, reliquaries. Longobards, works in silver and gold as well as the sword of the patriarch Marquardo. Cividale also hosts the Christian Museum, which houses some of the most representative examples of early medieval sculpture, especially from the Lombard period.
Near the Duomo is the Palazzo dei Provveditori Veneti, built by Palladio around the middle of the sixteenth century. The Palazzo hosts the National Archaeological Museum, the most extraordinary collection of weapons, jewels and epigraphic documents of the Lombard civilization.
Opposite is Palazzo De Nordis. From Piazza del Duomo you can then reach the Ponte del Diavolo, built in the fifteenth century and rebuilt several times, with a beautiful perspective on the Natisone.

San Daniele del Friuli

The toponym San Daniele del Friuli appears after the year 1000 when the castle was built and later the walls of which some parts are preserved (including the Portonat designed by Andrea Palladio) and one of the towers.
In the Renaissance period the town prospered as a cultural center and some palaces and churches date back to this period, including S. Antonio Abate, which preserves a cycle of sixteenth-century frescoes, a masterpiece by Pellegrino da San Daniele.
Among the palaces, the Concina family deserves a mention, in which the Territory Museum is currently housed; among other things, the painting by Pordenone depicting the Trinity is kept here, previously preserved in the Cathedral, where it is now replaced by a copy by Domenico Fabris.
The Duomo, which overlooks the beautiful central square, has a pale stone facade embellished with statues by Domenico Rossi.
The unfinished bell tower was begun in 1531 to a design by Giovanni da Udine.
Also on the square are the Palazzo del Monte di Pietà, the work of the Venetian Matteo Lucchesi, and the Palazzo del Comune, which is now the seat of the Guarneriana Library (so called because it was born following a donation by the humanist Guarniero d'Arteg) , one of the oldest in Friuli, which preserves many incunabula and precious illuminated manuscripts.


Venzone is the only testimony in Friuli of a 13th century fortified city.
The walls originally had 16 quadrangular towers, wooden stairs (retractable) connected by a walkway, around a moat filled by the waters of the Venzonassa stream.
The city, proclaimed a national monument in 1965, destroyed by the 1976 earthquake, was rebuilt stone by stone.
The first inhabited nucleus arose around the Cathedral in the Carolingian period.
The first document in which Venzone is mentioned dates back to 1001: the emperor Otto III granted the herbatic of the Canal del Ferro to the patriarch of Aquileia, a concession of great value at a time when the Friulian plain was covered with marshes and the very scarce grass.
In 1258 Glizoio di Mels begins the construction of the fortifications by raising walls 8 meters high.
After many events in 1420 the city became part of the Republic of Venice and began its period of maximum splendor. Do not miss the disturbing and mysterious Chapel of San Michele, where the famous mummies are kept. The history of mummies dates back to 1647 when the famous mummy called "del gobbo" was discovered.


Trieste is called “the little Vienna on the sea” due to its Habsburg past. A symbol of this is its beautiful Piazza Unità d’Italia overlooking the sea with its Molo Audace and surrounded by its magnificent monumental buildings that refer to its glorious past. Other symbols of Trieste are the beautiful Miramare castle, Duino castle, its famous literary cafes which testify to its history as a free port for
the importation of coffee since the eighteenth century. It remains the most important port in the Mediterranean with a Central European and Mediterranean soul thanks to its historical crossroads of languages, peoples and religions.

Would you like more information or do you want to check the availability of a room?

© Copyright 2021 Hotel Cajeta - P.Iva 02321080307
Designed by  Fuoridiweb